HEINRICH GILL – 65 Years of Excellence!!!
Since 1952 we are creatively connected with the Violin Making in Bubenreuth!
Our company was found in Bubenreuth in 1952 by Heinrich Gill. His family has already been involved in the music business for 5 generations.
Because of the existing international connections the business grew rapidly, musical Instruments and accessories were exported to all continents.
In 1990 the company was bought by Bernd Dimbath, Violin Maker who visited the Mittenwald School of Violin Making during his apprecticeship.
From now on the main focus was on bowed instruments only and the workshop became the major goal. Until today the combination of the 300 years old violin making tradition with modern and innovative technology has proven to be the key for the progress and continued success of the workshop.
With a huge amount of dedication Bernd Dimbath has developed a completely new approach to the making process. Numerous scientifically based measurement methods are involved today in the workshop, making HEINRICH GILL the only manufacturer worldwide who can guarantee the acoustical performance of each single instrument that leaves the workshop.